What Is Citronella Oil?
Citronella essential oil is obtained from the Cymbopogon genus plant family. More precisely, it is extracted through steam distillation of the grasses Cymbopogon nardus (Jowitt) and Cymbopogon winterianus (Rendal). This results in two types of citronella oil:-
- Ceylon, which is obtained from C. nardus and is a native product of Sri Lanka (previously Ceylon). Ceylon citronella oil has a warm, citrusy, and wood scent, and has a pale to dark yellow color.
- Java, which is distilled from C. winterianus. It also has a fresh lemon-like scent but is darker in color. Between the two, java citronella is considered the one with the higher quality.
CITRONELLA OIL HAVE MANY BENEFITS AND IT USED IN MANY COUNTRIES FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES:-
Benefits of Citronella Oil
According to a paper in the International Journal of Advanced Research, citronella oil is noted for its efficiency in repelling mosquitoes – it provided about two hours of repellency in the study.
It may help in repelling the dreaded Aedes aegypti, a species of mosquito that spread diseases like dengue fever, chikungunya, and yellow fever. Apart from being used on humans, citronella oil is also used to help keep ticks away from livestock and pets.
In a 2011 issue of Tropical Medicine & International Health, an analysis of 11 studies on the capabilities of citronella oil found that when combined with vanillin, the essential oil likely provided up to three hours of protection against mosquitoes.
The study also pointed out comparable protection time against DEET, a chemical commonly found in chemical bug repellents.
The research stated that oil of citronella has potent antifungal properties that help suppress the growth of fungi species, such as Aspergillus, Penicillium, andEurotium.Citronella oil owes its antibacterial and antiseptic nature to compounds like methyl isoeugenol.
These compounds assist in preventing the growth of bacteria in your body and help treat wounds, as well as ease infections that may occur in the colon, urethra, bladder, gastrointestinal tract, prostate, and kidneys.
Citronella essential oil is often used in aromatherapy because it can aid in providing relief from anxiety and a light feeling.The oil can also help inhibit inflammation in the liver, stomach, and digestive tract.
SOME OF THE OTHER FEATURES:
1. It is an Natural Insect repeller. It repels mosquitoes, flies, lizards, cockraochs and spiders etc
2. Provides relief from inflammation
3. Rich in antibacterial and antiseptic properties
4. Inhibits fungal growth and kill intestinal worms
5. Gives frequent urination
6. Provide relief from depression, anxiety and stress
7. Increases sweating, and promotes removal of toxins
8. Helps in cure menstrual cramps, spasms and coughs
9. Relieves spasms form muscles and respiratory system
10. Cleanse stomach from infections and other problems
11. Stimulate blood circulation and secretion of hormones
CITRONELLA ESSENTIAL OIL
- Product Code: QUO63
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: CITRONELLA ESSENTIAL OIL